San Francisco, 22 March 2019: The Report Hernia Mesh Devices Market By Hernia Type (Inguinal Hernia, Incisional Hernia, Femoral Hernia, Others), By Mesh Type (Biologic Mesh, Synthetic Mesh), By Region, And Segment Forecasts, 2018 – 2025
The global Hernia Mesh Devices Market is expected to reach USD 5.03 billion by 2025, based on a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The market is expected to grow over the forecast period owing to increase in incidence of hernia, high adoption of meshes in surgeries due to factors such as cost-effectiveness, reduced pain, reduced operative time, and high availability of products in the market.
The reimbursement scenario for hernia mesh is favorable, which encourages patients to opt for open or laparoscopic surgery. Patients have easy access to detailed reimbursement codes and ratios, which are made available by government and industry players. The codes are granulated to types of hernias, (primary or recurrent) and method of surgery (open or laparoscopic).
Furthermore, technological advancements and new products introduction, such as TELA Bio, are driving the overall market growth. In 2010, PROCEED Ventral Patch (PVP) device was launched by Ethicon for the treatment of umbilical hernia. In 2016, GORE SYNECOR biomaterial, a product of W. L. Gore & Associates, was approved by FDA as a repair solution for ventral hernia.
Access Research Report of Hernia Mesh Devices Market @ www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/hernia-mesh-devices-market
Further Key Findings from the Study Suggest:
- Biological surgical meshes is the fastest growing segment owing to high price of the products and increased preference for these products by healthcare professionals and patients
- In February 2016, an EU-funded Green Nano Mesh was launched for bio-based, eco-friendly treatment of hernia that would cause less harm to patients
- Geographically, North America held the largest market share in 2016 and is expected to maintain its position during the forecast period. Factors responsible for the large market share are high incidence of the target disorder and high adoption of surgical meshes as a treatment option
- Asia Pacific is also expected to witness rapid growth over the forecast period. Growing awareness about the target disorder and improved access to healthcare drives the growth in this region
- The 13th International Congress of Asia Pacific Hernia Society is intended to be held in China in September 2017
- Some of the key players in the hernia mesh market are Medtronic; Ethicon, Inc., C. R. Bard, Inc.; Atrium Medical; and B. Braun Melsungen AG.
Browse more reports of this category by Grand View Research at: www.grandviewresearch.com/industry/medical-devices
Grand View Research has segmented the hernia mesh devices market by hernia type, mesh type and region:
Hernia Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2014 – 2025)
- Inguinal Hernia
- Incisional Hernia
- Femoral Hernia
Mesh Type Outlook (Market Revenue in USD Million, 2014 – 2025)
- Biologic Mesh
- Synthetic Mesh
Regional Outlook (Market Revenue in USD Million, 2014 – 2025)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
Access Press Release of Hernia Mesh Devices Market @ www.grandviewresearch.com/press-release/global-hernia-mesh-devices-market
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
For More Information: www.grandviewresearch.com